News

‘Wheel of Fortune’ Host Pat Sajak Tweets About Alex Trebek’s Cancer Diagnosis: ‘I Would Never Bet Against Him’

Bryan Brunati

Published

on

Pat Sajak Alex Trebek
PASADENA, CA - APRIL 28: TV Personalities Pat Sajak (L) and Alex Trebek (R) attend the 44th annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards at Pasadena Civic Auditorium on April 28, 2017 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic)

In heartbreaking news, Alex Trebek revealed on Wednesday, March 7 that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Since then, plenty of people have poured in with words of support, including fellow game show host Pat Sajak.

The 72-year-old took to Twitter after the news broke to share some lovely words about the Jeopardy! host. “The Sajak family is deeply saddened to hear of Alex Trebek’s struggle with cancer,” the Wheel of Fortune star said on the platform. “Our hearts go out to him and his family. But there is no one I know who is stronger and more determined, and I would never bet against him. We, and the entire country, are pulling for you, Alex.”

https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1103418697270681600

Alex, 78, shared the news of his current battle on YouTube, saying, “I wanted to prevent you from reading or hearing some overblown or inaccurate reports regarding my health. So, therefore, I wanted to be the one to pass along this information.”

He continued, “Now, just like 50,000 other people in the United States each year, this week I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Now normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I’m going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working. And with the love and support of my family and friends and with the help of your prayers also, I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease.” He added, “Truth told, I have to! Because under the terms of my contract, I have to host Jeopardy! for three more years! So help me. Keep the faith and we’ll win. We’ll get it done. Thank you.”

Alex Trebek

Alex has been hosting the iconic show since 1984, and there has been no word yet if will step down temporarily or if he will be replaced in the long term. We hope Alex stays strong in his battle!

Trending News

Celebrity Dads4 weeks ago

Jack Nicholson’s Daughter Shares Rare Photo of the Actor for His 89th Birthday

Celebrity4 weeks ago

Todd Bridges Warned ‘Diff’rent Strokes’ Costar Dana Plato Not to Do ‘Howard Stern Show’ Before She Died

Exclusive4 weeks ago

Antonio Banderas Struggling to ‘Keep Up’ With Girlfriend Nicole Kimpel: ‘Old Enough to Be Her Father’

Celebrity Couples3 weeks ago

Heather Locklear and Lorenzo Lamas Cuddle Up in Sweet New Photo From Fan Convention

Celebrity News4 weeks ago

‘Days of Our Lives’ Star Patrick Muldoon Was Reportedly Discovered Unconscious by Girlfriend

Exclusive3 weeks ago

Mamie Van Doren Reveals ‘Teacher’s Pet’ Costar Doris Day ‘Didn’t Like’ Her: ‘Perhaps Female Jealousy’

Entertainment3 weeks ago

Victoria Principal, Patrick Duffy and More ‘Dallas’ Alums Dish the Details on the Legendary Drama

Celebrity4 weeks ago

Carol Burnett, 92, Reveals Why She’s Stepping Back From On-Camera Work

Celebrity News3 weeks ago

Shirley MacLaine, 92, Looks Unrecognizable in Rare Outing in Malibu to Celebrate Her Birthday: Photos

Celebrity Couples7 days ago

Alan Hamel’s Romance With Late Wife Suzanne Somers’ Costar Has Gotten Serious: ‘Living Together’

TV Shows1 week ago

3 Out-of-This World ‘General Hospital’ Stories We’ll Never Forget

In Memoriam4 weeks ago

Alan Osmond’s Brother Says ‘His Life Was Not Measured in Years’ After Death